The nursery, located on the 2nd floor, is staffed by caring nursery employees whose goal is to provide a loving, safe, and fun environment for your child. The nursery is available to children ages infant-4 years old on Sunday mornings and evenings, and Wednesday evenings. Nursery is also available during other church events. Read more below to know what to expect...
In order to create the safest environment possible for our children, the following guidelines are in place:
- Security codes will be issued only to parents and teachers of children in the early childhood wing.
- All nursery workers will be wearing a name badge which identifies them as a nursery worker.
- Spouses, friends of parents and nursery workers, and children not in the class, should not be in the nursery wing.
- Your child will be provided with juice (toddlers provide own cups), a snack, and a diaper change.
- An infant room nursery worker will text you if your child needs your attention.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- A nursery staff member will meet you at the welcome desk. Please sign your child in at the computer station and put a name tag on your child.
- Provide complete information in the computer. Include any special instructions the nursery workers need to know (e.g. feeding times, comfort items).
- Include your cell phone number so the nursery workers may contact you, if necessary.
- Children will be divided by ages: infant to one year old (or walking), ones and twos, threes, and four-year-olds.
WHAT TO BRING
- Parents should bring formula, diapers, wipes, and an extra set of clothes, as well as, any other items of necessity (e.g. pacifier, special blanket).
- Please clearly mark your child’s diaper bag and individually label everything you intend to leave in the nursery.
When you arrive to pick up your child from the nursery, please allow a nursery worker to bring the child, as well as his or her belongings, to you.
Nursery workers will take twos, threes, and four-year-olds to their age-appropriate Sunday School classroom after the 9 AM Worship Service. Sunday School teachers will deliver children back to the Nursery Wing for the 11 AM Worship Service.
Feel free to check on your child any time, but try to avoid letting him or her see you. Children often become upset if they think it is time to go home only to find out it is not. To avoid this, you may wish to have a friend check on your child instead. Toddlers and three-year-olds may be viewed through the windows near The Crossing.
We love our children and want to keep them healthy. Please do not bring children who are obviously ill with fever, diarrhea, vomiting, rash or a significant cough or cold. If a child appears to be ill, the family member will be asked to take their child home from the nursery.