To Our Central Family,
I pray that this letter finds you safe and blessed beyond measure. One of the great teachings of John Wesley was a focus that, as a follower of Jesus, we should “do no harm” to anyone. The outbreak of COVID-19 has allowed us to be faithful to that teaching as we had to find new ways of worship to keep our community safe. Today, we are continuing that focus as we begin to take steps to reopen.
On May 19th, a task force was appointed by the Executive Council to create a plan for reopening when the CDC, our Resident Bishop, as well as our State and Local Government Officials, deemed that opening would be possible. Our task force evaluated all of the safest policies that would ensure that we “do no harm” as we gather as our Central family with onsite worship. These polices will be implemented as we gather on June 21st.
Phase 1 of our reopening will take place on June 21st with onsite worship in two locations at 10 a.m. The traditional service will be held in the sanctuary and the contemporary service will be held in the fellowship hall. These services will last about 45 minutes and will include music and a message. Both services will have live worship and music, however, the message will be delivered on alternating Sundays between the two services. We will continue to Livestream services at 8:30, 9:45, and 10:55.
The following guidelines will be followed for our reopening:
- There will be three entry and exit points into the church. Those entry/exit points are 22nd Ave., 23rd Ave., and the garage. If you are attending the traditional service, please use the 23rd Ave. or garage entry point. If you are attending the contemporary service, please use the 22nd Ave. or garage entry point.
- Temperature scans will be taken by our security team. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or above will not be allowed in.
- Masks will be required to be worn during our service time for ages 2 and above. If you do not have one, we will provide you one. If you are uncomfortable wearing a mask, then we ask that you please continue to Livestream with us until we receive guidance that we can remove this requirement.
- Social distancing in services will be observed. Families will be able to sit together but there will be no nursery provided at this time. We are asking that if you plan on attending, register online or call the church office with your name, which service you will attend, and the number in your party that will be in attendance with you. We will then mark off your number of seating ahead of time.
- Hand sanitation areas will be available upon entry and exit.
- Our restrooms will be open, but we ask that you use them in emergencies only.
- The elevator will be in use but operated by a volunteer.
- The coffee area and water fountains are temporarily disconnected.
- No Sunday School or small groups will meet.
- Offering stations will be set up in locations for your stewardship but no plates will be passed.
- If you are in a vulnerable category, please consider continuing to worship online with us until you feel safe being in a group gathering.
I understand that this will be very different for us at Central, but as a family, we will make it work. Please continue to pray for us as we “do no harm” but live that “life is better connected.” The week of June 15th, we will send you a sign-up link by email or our website for registration to our opening service. If you cannot access the link, just call the church office at 601-693-1521 and Traci will record your information.
As Lead Pastor, I look so forward to being with you in person again. May God protect us and continue to use us to connect others with the way of Jesus.
In His Service,