Use the information on this page to guide your devotional time at home. Below are some questions created with the goal to help each person think a little more deeply about the sermon each week. You can catch up on the series by watching previous sermons, which are below the discussion questions.
As you spend time reflecting on this week's sermon, use the questions below to go a bit deeper. Pray for our services each week, that God would open our ears to hear and hearts to receive as we endeavor to make Jesus irresistible to our community again.
Week 1 - August 5, 2018
- Read 1 Peter 3:13-17 below. Compare and contrast our modern approach to influencing people with the message of Jesus.
- What do you see as being the greatest obstacle we are faced with as a community as we strive to make Jesus irresistible again?
- What would make our community here at Central a place that turns skeptics into followers?
Week 2 - August 12, 2018
- Read John 17:20-23 and reflect on why Jesus placed so much emphasis on unity.
- The message of Jesus was very simple in the earliest days of our movement. What have we done to complicate it?
- What do we need to do as the church to make it easier for people to find the love of Jesus within our fellowship.
Week 3- August 19, 2018
- What are some of the conditions that we have added to the message of following Jesus?
- What message should the church be sending out to those who do not know Jesus?
- How has our inconsistency in follow through impacted our culture both locally and nationally?
Week 4- August 26, 2018
- What does it mean to be significant versus successful?
- What can we do “inside” Central to show our love for each other?
- How can we demonstrate our “love for the one” and create a place for everyone at Central?
Week 5- September 2, 2018
- Why is it important to feel "belonging" in the context of community?
- What can we do “inside” Central to make others feel like they belong?
- What is our greatest challenge to creating a culture of belonging within our community?
Week 6- September 9, 2018
- Why are we so hesitant to remove things from our lives, even if those things are hindering others from following?
- What attitudes and desires help increase our influence with others
- What is our greatest challenge to creating a community that is focused on relationship?