"Each child is special and that "special-ness" comes from God."
The purpose of the Central Children’s Center is to encourage the development of the preschool child and to give preparation for kindergarten with emphasis on social, emotional, physical, cognitive and spiritual development.
The preschool uses developmentally appropriate activities to encourage the child to progress at his or her own rate. The Center is licensed by the Mississippi State Board of Health and enrolls approximately 100 children.
- Children participate in arts and crafts, language and vocabulary activities, fine and gross motor activities, perception skills, pre-math activities, sensory experiences, songs/finger plays, dramatic play and free play.
- Three and four year olds also participate in music twice a week.
- The children present a program at Christmas and at the end of the year.
- Field trips are a fun part of our year as are classroom parties.
- In the spring, we hold a Trike-A-Thon which raises money for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Registration takes place each February.
If you would like to receive materials or notice of registration,
email Glenda Thomas or call the Center at 601-693-0830.
[Toddlers must be one year old before September 1st]
Central's Children's Center entrance is located on 23rd Avenue between the Chapel and the Sanctuary.
THIS ENTRY IS PASSCODE PROTECTED.
If you would like to visit our school, you may ring the doorbell for entry.
TUITION & REGISTRATION
$230 per child/month
$100 Registration Fee [new students]
$85 Registration Fee [returning students]
FOR MORE INFORMATION, EMAIL DIRECTOR GLENDA THOMAS.